"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." -Joseph Smith

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/owlpostreviews/GIFS/tumblr_mr7rzhgHCI1sew79jo1_500_zpsf179aad5.gif

Monday, October 8, 2012

Conference Weekened

This weekend was General Conference for our church. I love it! Get to listen to such good talks and spend the weekend relaxing and having fun too! It happens every 6 months.

Every Conference Weekend I make Cinnamon Rolls or Orange Rolls and share with Drew's parents - kind of a tradition now!

This year was quite relaxing. We ended up spending most of it at home - just us 4. On Sunday I did a lot of baking with help from the kiddos. It was so fun! Sunday we had a nice roast with homemade rolls, mashed potatoes, carrots and pumpkin pie! Aria's been dying to have pumpkin pie since we went on her Preschool field trip to Hee Haw Farms and she got to bring home a pumpkin.

 
 We also spent some time on the new canal trail so Aria could get more bike riding in without worrying about cars or the city's crappy roads up by us. It was fun! We went really far and neither kid got tired! Ben will be ready for a bike around his birthday too!
 

3 comments:

Millie said...

Conference Weekend makes me angry. Thankfully Dezi, and I were able to escape it with a Danzig DVD. It should be public on my facebook, check out the post. Jeff, left a realistic, blunt, quote.

On a lighter note-

I love when you blog! You should do it a lot more often ;) Kristine, what can't your hands do?! Your desserts , and dinner look delicious! I love this time of year. Almost everything has some sort of pumpkin flavor added to it!

Cute photos of Aria, and Ben! Especially the one where Aria has a mouth full of cinnamon roll haha!

Karson, Betsy, Izzy, and Beckham said...

I love that Ben is rocked the pink and purple trike. Beckham will be doing the same soon. :) I guess that's the life of a little brother!

i'm erin. said...

Ruby had so much fun at your house. She loves her dress and I owe you for a lifetime!