It was such a special day! One we'll remember for always.
The day started out a little rocky with both kids waking up with a fever and runny noses. Ben having a really bad cough too - that caused him to throw up about 5+ times throughout the day. We had a few unexpected set-backs throughout the day, but once we got there, all was well, calm and peaceful. Peggy and Alecia met us there early to take some photos.
At the Temple, when they brought the kids into the room, Aria ran ahead of the youth center workers and ran straight to Alex and Danielle as she waved around the room to everyone. It was very sweet. Ben more slowly looked around the room at everyone. They brought him over to me, and in being unsure of what was going on, he just said "Eyes?" and poked me in the eye. :) During the time in there, he kept looking around pointing our people he knew. Lots of Papa's in the room. He pointed out all 4. He kept going back to "Daddy," "Mommy," and "Yie-Ya (Aria)." It was so sweet!
Afterward we had a little get-together party with all of our family, friends and Birth family! Quite a few of Ben's birth family were able to make it! Birth Mom & Dad S&R, auntie M, Grandma & Grandpa L&L, Grandma & Grandpa D&J, Uncles G&B too! As well as great grandparents that we hadn't met before! It was so neat they could all make it. About a week before, Grandma A was able to come visit as she lives far away now. He remembered everyone that he knew well - and did really good! We show him pictures often, so I was hoping he'd be fine, and he was!
We were finally able to get one with Drew & I, Ben, and R&S. We haven't had one of the 5 of us yet! So happy to have that.
Here are a couple photos from the day. I only got a couple of the party, but Erin and some others took some, thank goodness! We were happy getting a couple where everyone was looking! With 2 two-year-olds, you have no idea what you are going to get! In a few you can see the poor kiddos are sick and pale. :( Please ignore that the photos are low-resolution - Blogger's been giving me trouble loading anything better. :(

9 comments:
that is so neat! :) congrats guys!
So awesome. You have darling children.
These pictures brought tears to my eyes, especially the one of them holding hands. Oh my gosh, so dang cute!
So happy for your darling family. There is nothing quite like sealing your children to you and your husband. It is something that makes our families unique, we get to be together as a whole family in the temple to be sealed. It is one of my favorite parts of adoption.
Congrats!
I love the pictures with you all in white. It was so neat to be there and see this special sealing. Your kids are so cute!
I LOVE the title of this post!
And I'm so happy for you guys. The four of you make such a wonderful family! I love you tons.
Beautiful. I love seeing you all dressed in white.
congratulations! This is so awesome. You guys are such an adorable family and I realized I didn't give you the disc of images. Ugh. I'm a dork.
Oh I love these Kristine, expecially when both kids are holding each others hands, and congrats by the way.
Congrats. Such a wonderful day for you and your children :)
Post a Comment