"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." -Joseph Smith

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/owlpostreviews/GIFS/tumblr_mr7rzhgHCI1sew79jo1_500_zpsf179aad5.gif

Thursday, July 28, 2011

More Updates, More photos, More fun!

Yesterday went really well. They both took naps really well. Nearly 3 hours!

We've had a plan for transition for him that we would spend time with his birth family as often as he is needing it. He's been doing well, and it's been really good for him to see them. It's really helped him, not hindered him. We met up with them for dinner last night. He really livened up when he saw them again. He seems to be adjusting fine, but is being a little more calm with us than he normally is. This is normal, and isn't worrying us. He's been well loved and taken care of by them for almost 16 months so this hasn't surprised us. What has surprised us is how quickly he is adjusting. We feel that has a lot to do with Aria. She's the glue in all of this. He is so excited to be around her. He wants to do everything she is doing.

Shonagh met up with us at dinner last night and enjoyed her time there. She's staying here with us at the hotel until Friday morning. She's been a huge help. Unfortunately, she got stuck with a room next to some party-ers. The partyers are the room between us, but closer to Sho. They were smoking all sorts of things all night and Sho had to block the doorway with pillows to block the smell. It's a no-smoking hotel, but I guess some people would rather pay the fine. The kiddos slept well through the night except when the partyers woke Aria up. :(

Today went very smooth too. With Granny here, it's gone much better. We got lots of swimming in this morning. Sho stayed with the napping kiddos while Drew and I went to lunch. It was fun. We went to see Ben's birth mom and dad for his bmom's birthday and Sho wanted some Granny-Aria time so they stayed and had fun. Aria really needed that. With Granny having a separate room, Aria's got a bit of one-on-one time with Daddy too while I've put Ben to sleep. It's helped her a lot. I'll be honest, I'm missing my one-on-one time with her. It's weird that it's not just the 2 of us all the time anymore (while Daddy's at work and stuff). I got to have more than a 2 min phone call with my mom finally too!

After we got back, we found an awesome park nearby with a great play area. Aria was in heaven. There were a few kids there too which made her even more excited. She's so social and outgoing. I love it! And, she went down a really steep slide - she's so daring. More daring then I am, and I love that about her. She's really been a huge help with all of this. She's being an awesome big sister. She's making this transition for Ben go so well, and I really look forward to how their relationship develops over time. You can see he already adores her. Even when she's taking his toys. ;)

Both are barely asleep at the moment. Drew and I are sitting on the floor between the 2 hotel beds so the light of the computers don't stir them. It makes me giggle!

Here's some photos of our stay here!







6 comments:

The Davis' said...

Awesome! I am so glad Shonagh was able to come and help! She is so wonderful! That is so cool for you 2! Glad you are having a good time! Love you!

tammy said...

Love reading all this and I'm glad things are going so well. He is adorable and fits right in with you all! Have a fun remainder of your trip!

Ella said...

You all look so Happy together!! Love it!! Thank you for keeping us all updated! you are an inspiration!!!

Brynn said...

I'm so happy for you guys!

Peggy Eddleman said...

I love hearing about your time there! It makes me not miss you quite so much. I'm glad it's all going so well! Can't wait until you get home and I can meet Ben and hug you all!

Janet said...

Oh everyone looks so happy!! Im excited for you guys