"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." -Joseph Smith

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/owlpostreviews/GIFS/tumblr_mr7rzhgHCI1sew79jo1_500_zpsf179aad5.gif

Sunday, January 31, 2010

A sad day...

My wonderful Brother and Sister in law have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of a baby boy due April 1st. Thursday morning Danielle felt the baby moving, but by mid morning was beginning to have pains. The pains worsened and she was taken to LDS hospital. She was then transferred to U Of U hospital. With no prior symptoms, she was experiencing preeclampsia and something called DIC. Some time on Thursday the baby passed away.

Before she was able to deliver the baby, Danielle began to have major health problems related to what was going on. She spent a lot of time in ICU, and after a very scary night, was finally stable enough and gave birth to Peydon on Friday morning. He was almost 4 lbs, 16" long, with hair, Danielle's nose, and Alex's long fingers.

It's been a very emotional weekend for the entire family and friends. Danielle's mom stayed by her side with Alex through it all. Jan & Shonagh have spent a lot of time with them as well. We were able to go see them on Friday. It breaks my heart to even try to imagine what they are going through. I know they will find the strength they need, and with all the prayers and support they have rec'd, they will make it through. But I know it is going to be a hard road for them and desperately wish they didn't have to travel it. I just love them so much!

13 comments:

Ella said...

My heart and prayers go out to your family at this time. Nothing is harder than losing a child. :(

tammy said...

I have felt so sad since Peggy told me yesterday. I just keep thinking about how difficult this must be! I'm so glad that Danielle made it through, but can't imagine how hard things will be for a while. I'll be praying for you all, but Danielle especially!

Carterista said...

Oh, Kristine! That's such a painful thing to have happen. So sudden and unexpected. too. I'm so sorry they are having to go through this. What a blessing to have a loving and supportive family to support them.

i'm erin. said...

Peggy called and told me right after it happened. I am sick to my stomach over it. I'm so sad and hurting for Danielle. She is such a wonderful and beautiful person. I can't imagine how much hurt and sadness she is feeling right now. I'll pray for her.

Peggy said...

So very, very sad. I really feel for them. I know that they were so very excited. I hope they are doing okay.

And I'm very sorry that Aria lost a cousin. :(

Melanee said...

That breaks my heart. I am so sorry. We will definitely keep you guys, especially Danielle, in our prayers.

Janet said...

That's so sad, it makes me feel back for them not to have a little baby to bring home

JoMamma said...

This breaks my heart. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry for their loss.

Weight Family said...

Wow. That is a lot to go through. Our thoughts are with your family.

Chris and McKell said...

So very sad I can't even imagine the pain they are feeling. I will be praying for them in there time of need. What a blessing it is to have a strong family to lean on. So sorry for their lose.

Brynn said...

I am so sorry! What a horrible thing to experience, we will keep your family in our prayers.

Alyse said...

that is heartbreaking! Please let them know they are in our prayers.

Julie said...

I feel so very sad for Alex and Danielle. They are a cute couple, they were so excited and I know you were excited to be getting a little cousin Aria's age. Please let them know that we are thinking of and praying for them.