"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." -Joseph Smith

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/owlpostreviews/GIFS/tumblr_mr7rzhgHCI1sew79jo1_500_zpsf179aad5.gif

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Thankful

So, I know it's not Thanksgiving time or anything, but I've lately been really thinking about all the things I am thankful for. Here are just a few, in no particular order:

My Mom. Wow. If I can grow up to be just like her, I will have succeeded. She is so selfless and always thinking of others. The simple things she does make such a huge impact. I am so lucky to have her as my mom. I love her to death! I love being with her.

My Dad. What a wealth of knowledge and love. He's one of my favoritest people. We weren't always close when I was younger, but throughout being a teenager and beyond we have gotten really close. I love talking to him. He is always interesting, and literally can do anything.

Dex & Jinx. My kitties. When we got these two I had no idea how much I would just love them to death. And I hope they are smart and avoid cars and dangerous things so that "death" is later than sooner. They filled such a void in our house when we got them, and continue to make us happier.

Aria. Rie Bear. I just love everything about her. I love her sweet personality and demeanor. She is the coolest! I love being around her. She is so good at making people feel good. She is so generous with her smile, and a good example of loving everyone.

Drew. My lifeline/support. He is such an anchor to me and our family. I am so grateful for him and all he does for us. He works so hard so I can be home with Aria. I love him tons!

Friends. My friends surprise me on a consistent basis of all they are willing to do for each other. I see how much they do for each other, and especially for me, and I feel so loved and blessed! So generous with their time and talents. I think I need to develop my talents more so I can help them more!

My In-laws. I am lumping them all into one, yet I have things about each I am thankful for. I really am blessed to have the inlaws I have. They love me as one of their own, and that's more than I could ever ask for.

My family. They are all so different yet all the same. I feel close to every sibling, niece, nephew, etc. I would love it if we all lived on the same block. I appreciate the love they have all shown me as Drew and I have struggled to start our family, and especially the love they have shown Aria. It makes me smile to think about it. :)

This is all I am posting for now, but there is so much more I am thankful for. I feel like I am going to burst if I don't write it all down!

2 comments:

The Davis' said...

I love this post. I am so grateful for you! I love when people post about the things that mean the most! There is just so much to be grateful for!

Julie said...

Kris, you are just the sweetest thing. It is so fun having you in our family. I am so thankful for you, you add so much to our family.