"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." -Joseph Smith

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/owlpostreviews/GIFS/tumblr_mr7rzhgHCI1sew79jo1_500_zpsf179aad5.gif

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Strawberry Days 5k

Saturday we ran in the Strawberry days 5k! It was our first run as a family! Drew and I took turns pushing Aria in the stroller. We crossed the start line about 30-40 seconds after it started, so our time was a little over 34 min! We were surprised we did it as quick as we did with the stroller, but the course was easier than some of the others I've done. Lance was about 2 min+ faster than us - we kept trying to catch up to him, and he kept getting further away!

It was fun! Definitely a lot of fun running as a family. Alecia ran in the kids 1/2 mile and did awesome! I was surprised how quickly she was back. Out of all the kids who ran, she was 13th! Congrats Alecia!

The runners:
We had a lot of support too! My mom, Peggy, Kyle, Cory, Aria's Birth Mom and Birth Grandmas! Plus, we saw lots of people we knew running too! I have a couple more photos, but I can only upload a small amount now. Temporary fix by deleting old images making room for new.

2 comments:

Peggy Eddleman said...

You guys did awesome! Congrats on your first family race! That stinks about the pictures. I hope there's a fix, because I know you got some fabulous ones!

Janet said...

Thanks awesome Kristine, that's a great family sport and activity together expecially since you know Aria loves the outside so it benefits her too.