"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." -Joseph Smith

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/owlpostreviews/GIFS/tumblr_mr7rzhgHCI1sew79jo1_500_zpsf179aad5.gif

Friday, May 20, 2011

We're getting washed away!

I love the rain. I love the way it makes things so green. I love jumping in puddles. I love running through it and getting wet. I love getting to use an umbrella. I love watching Aria's excitement as it tickles her face. She loves to play in it with me. She throws off her rain coat's hood to feel it in her hair. I love her rain boots. I just bought her another pair - she's worn her old ones out, and they are cracked! Not so useful when cracked.

But...

We've had enough fun with the rain. We are ready for sunshine and the ability to play outside for longer. We're ready to be able to lay on the grass and enjoy the vitamin D the sun so generously gives. We are ready for the house to be lit up with sun instead of light bulbs. We are ready to go on long walks and play at the park. We are ready to drive around with our windows down.

We got out the kiddie pool and blew it up. We had an inside pool party. We had stuffed animals instead of water. We were dressed warm instead of in a swim suit. Our hair looked about the same after the static though.

 
 

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Hahahaha! Swimming in stuffed animals! You're an awesome mom, Kris.

Janet said...

Very creative!! way to make a glumy day into a fun day.....

Kim said...

So fun! What a cute idea!