"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." -Joseph Smith

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/owlpostreviews/GIFS/tumblr_mr7rzhgHCI1sew79jo1_500_zpsf179aad5.gif

Saturday, February 19, 2011

What's your love language?

5 or 6 years ago, my friend Cecilia told me about the 5 Languages of Love. I had kinda forgotten about it until recently talking to my in-laws about it, and then Lindsey's friend Mallory did a blog post about it too! So, I decided to take it again.

It is an assessment that helps you understand how you see what love is to you. And, for example, if you know what your significant other's primary love language is, you know how to best show love to each other. If one person's primary language is Touch, and the other's is Words of Affirmation, then they would want to show that person love by what the other person's is because the way the one sees it, the other may not.

Luckily, Drew and I are very similar. Here's the test.

Here's my results.  
#1 Acts of Service
#2 Words of Affirmation
#3 Quality Time
#4 Gifts
#5 Touch

If this is still confusing, I'll explain it by my results. Basically, for example, I feel more love when someone does an act of service for me or shows love/acceptance through words, than I would from a gift or a hug. And in return, I show love through doing something for someone, or telling them I appreciate them and find that more important than through a gift or a hug.

Anyway, it's just interesting! And fun to read more about yourself!

2 comments:

Kim said...

fun! My top one is Quality Time- and then words, acts and touch are all tied for 2nd place, and didn't have a single one on gifts :) I will have to have Joe do it and see :)

Peggy said...

Mine are #1 Words of Affirmation and #2 Acts of Service. I'm pretty darn sure that Quality time is my #5. Weird, I know.