"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." -Joseph Smith

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/owlpostreviews/GIFS/tumblr_mr7rzhgHCI1sew79jo1_500_zpsf179aad5.gif

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Allentine's day

My brother Allen used to think it was Allentine's day when he was little. I love it! He also thought they were Allen-Laters. :)

I love Valentines day. Aria and I decorated the front door for a heart attack for Drew for when he got home from work. It's still up!

Drew left before we were awake, and we woke to a nice surprise! Cards for both of us! Drew is so sweet and is so good at always thinking of us.


When the mail came, there was a Valentine for Aria! From Grandma & Grandpa! She was so excited and set off to color it as soon as possible.
We then spent the day coloring, doing a Valentine's photo shoot for Aria's birthparents' Valentine and just having fun.
 
We also got some Valentines dropped off to us! Ellie and her mom Kendra dropped off some cupcakes, my parents dropped off sugar cookies, as did my friend Tammy (though I didn't get any pics of Tammys! So this is stollen from Erin's blog of the ones Tammy gave her.) AND, some wonderful things from Aria's birth parents and their families! So sweet of everyone! 
Here's the aftermath of the cupcake:
Every year I make our little family dinner together. For us that is more fun than just going out with just us. This year I made a heart shaped pizza (thanks Janet for the idea!) But it didn't look very heart-shaped after, and the photo made it look worse, so just imagine a very pretty pizza instead!

The annual Valentine's day dinner pic:

2 comments:

Kim said...

It is so fun to have traditions! Now that Joely is here and it isn't so crazy (and not pregnant- cause that causes unmotivation :) I am looking forward to really celebrating all the holidays and doing fun things

Peggy said...

Awww! I heart Valentine's Day, and I love what you did! It looks like you might heart Valentine's Day more than me... I might have to step it up next year. :)