"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." -Joseph Smith

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/owlpostreviews/GIFS/tumblr_mr7rzhgHCI1sew79jo1_500_zpsf179aad5.gif

Monday, September 13, 2010

Welcome Peyton!

My neighbor had to go back to work when her little baby was only 3 weeks! She was looking for someone to watch the baby a few times a week for a few hours (splitting the time with another lady). I thought this might be a great opportunity to make a little extra $$ and also for Aria to be used to babies.

It's turned out really well so far! Aria is very nice and helpful to the baby. The only time there is an issue is when I'm feeding Peyton, and Rie decides she's hungry too. Then she tries to push Peyton away. Luckily there haven't been too many times that has happened. Rie already loves this little baby! She is always sad when Peyton's mom comes and picks her up.

A few things I have learned:
1. I prefer 1 year olds. Newborns are a lot of work! And, they can be kinda boring... just eating, sleeping, pooping and laying there.
2. Newborns fill their diapers a lot! I forgot how often a newborn poops.
3. I'm actually more productive with 2! I think it's because I have to take advantage of any down time I can. Like when they are both asleep at the same time, or Rie is eating and Peyton is sleeping.
4. Taking 2 kids both in car seats can be interesting!
5. That I have a lot I will still learn! Haha!

Here's the sweetheart!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Ahh she sure is cute!! and am sure Aria loves a little friend.

Alecia said...

With as much as Aria loves babies, she probably feels like you bought her the best toy ever!