"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." -Joseph Smith

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/owlpostreviews/GIFS/tumblr_mr7rzhgHCI1sew79jo1_500_zpsf179aad5.gif

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Swimming Lessons

The first couple weeks in August Aria and I took the Mom & Tot swimming lessons at the pool. Since Aria loves getting in the water and in pools, I knew she was going to love it. And love it she did! Our teacher's name was Summer, and she was awesome! Lindsey was working at the pool too, and we saw her a few times.

Aria surprised me a little at her confidence in the water. Even without being able to touch the ground she wanted to explore. It was hard to convince her that if I let go, she would drown! She is a very strong, independent spirit - a trait she definitely got from her birthmom.

Drew was able to come to one of the lessons and he took a bunch of pics of us in the water. He loved seeing how much she'd already improved in just the first week!

The last day we got to go down the slides together. I don't have any pictures of it, unfortunately, but it was so fun! I was nervous the first time down that when we would get to the bottom I would go under, and end up pulling her under with me. Turns out I didn't need to be nervous, I held her up so high at the bottom that only her toes even touched water. We went down 2 more times and I held her lower so she got to experience it all. On the ride down the slide she had a blast. They warned us that the kids usually get nervous and grip onto whatever they can of you and it can be difficult to pull them off you when you get to the bottom and need to raise them out of the water. Aria wasn't nervous at all. She just sat on my lap relaxed the whole way each time.
So excited to go!

Getting ready to go!


With our swim teacher Summer.


Learning to jump off the edge.

Learning to kick in the water. 

Learning to blow bubbles under water. 

Picking a toy to go to the shallow end with.

Playing in the shallow end. 

Kicking around in the shallow end.

Time to go. :( Walking back to the towels.

At the pool there are some pretty flowers planted. Rie always wanted to stop and see (pick) one.

This usually happened on the way home. Swim lessons cut into nap time, and by the time we were headed home, she was ready!

5 comments:

Janet said...

Aw that's so awesome, that cool you did that, that's something she'll use forever

Alyse said...

That looks like a ton of fun! I didnt know they did classes like that. She looks like she loves it!

Peggy said...

That second picture of her is SO cute! I love both of those swim suits on her. That's cool she loves the water so much. She's a little fish, that one.

Karson, Betsy, Izzy, and Beckham said...

What a great idea. I will have to try that next summer.

JoMamma said...

I love swimming in the summer time. You can never start them to early. You both look so happy playing in the pool. Adorable pictures.