"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." -Joseph Smith

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/owlpostreviews/GIFS/tumblr_mr7rzhgHCI1sew79jo1_500_zpsf179aad5.gif

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

This Mother's Day weekend was such a fun weekend! It's been an amazing one! I still get giddy thinking of the fact that I am a MOM!

Saturday was Birth Mother's Day! We were able to celebrate it with Aria's Birth Mom! We had a nice picnic at the park. It was so much fun! It was a really nice relaxing afternoon and we were so happy we got to spend it with her. She was really sweet and gave me and Aria gifts! I am so grateful for her and what she has done. Aria's Birth Mom loved Aria so much that she put the needs of Aria before hers. And she loves her so much still! I love her for making that decision and it's because of her that I am a mom! Aria will always know how much she loves her.

Here's Aria and her Birth Mom on the swing
Rie, Daddy, and Her Birth Mom with the swings. So cute! 

On Sunday Drew and Aria made breakfast for me! It was yummy! At church all the mom's were given a nice CD! Afterward we went to my parent's house for a yummy dinner and then we went to Drew's parents for a visit and then - *phew* to bed! It was a great day! 

 Aria's Birth Mom took this pic!

8 comments:

Karson, Betsy, Izzy, and Beckham said...

Happy Mothers Day. I am so glad you had a good one. I am so grateful for birth moms. They are so incredible and loving!

tammy said...

Every time I think about you being a mom, I want to stop whatever I am doing, get in my car, drive to wherever you are and give you a huge hug! That's how excited it makes me! And you know how I appreciate Birth Mom's too! ;)

Peggy said...

I was more happy for you than any other mom in the world this mother's day!

I think it's so cool that there's a birth mother's day that is so widely recognized now. There always should've been one! Birth mom's rock. I'm glad you all got to spend the day together.

JoMamma said...

I love that you are a mom! I'm glad that you had such a wonderful Mother's Day.

Ella said...

What a fun Mothers Day!!! And Birth mothers day!! two days to celebrate!! awesome! I'm so very happy you finally have a sweet little one!

Lindsey said...

I love that baby. She's freaking adorable.
And I'm so happy you got her in time for mothers day =]

Millie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marty and Rachel said...

Hey Kristine! I love seeing pics of your baby. She is way too adorable. Just wanted to let you know about my new blog. I won't be doing much with my old one (Gublerfamilyblog) anymore so go to gooberfest.blogspot.com now to read updates on me and the fam. Keep on coming with more pics! haha!