"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." -Joseph Smith

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/owlpostreviews/GIFS/tumblr_mr7rzhgHCI1sew79jo1_500_zpsf179aad5.gif

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sealing day!

Saturday was a very special day. It started with Alecia being baptized! Peggy & Lance did a great job with everything and the luncheon was yummy!

We got to the temple early for Tonja Merryweather to take some pictures of Drew, me, and Aria. (Those will come later when I get them.) It went so well! The minute Aria got out of the car she squealed in delight! It's like she understood what was going on this day! She was so incredibly happy and giddy the entire photo shoot! She smiled and looked at everyone who walked by us! Tonja was such a sweetheart with her too.

Then we went inside and met up with our guides for the sealing. They directed us first to the youth center where Aria would play until we were all ready and in the sealing room. A friend from high school was one of the workers taking care of her too!

Then we filled out some paperwork and showed other paperwork and were on our way to go get ready.  They asked us who would be holding Aria for the sealing, and I was unsure of what they meant, so they explained that anyone who is holding her needs to be in white. Otherwise they can just have a worker do it. I let them know my Mom would love it - but that she didn't already know (obviously since I didn't tell her! lol!) so they were going to go find her. Coincidentally she was walking past on her way in right then!

I got to get ready in the Brides room too! It is so pretty in there! They weren't busy, so they let my mom come in too. It was just us in that whole area. It was amazing! It was so special to be spending this time with my mom. She's such a sweetheart! I was dying to see Aria.

We then went into the room where all our friends and family were waiting. The room was filled completely! It was so special to see so many loved ones able to share this special day with us. So many who have shared in this journey with us. And many more! When the workers brought Aria in, she was asleep. My mom brought her over to us, and she was a perfect angle through it all!

After wards, we got together at our church for a dessert bar. A few friends and family brought things to add to it (thankfully!) and it was awesome! We all stayed and chatted for a while. Aria was such a great trooper through it all. She was in desperate need of a nap, but stayed happy and smiling anyway! She is such a sweet-natured girl and such a glowing light.

Here are just a few of the pics from the gathering. I'll post the temple pics another time once I get them.

And Judy made this awesome cake! It was very yummy too!

12 comments:

Chris and McKell said...

It was a very special day that I will always remember thanks for letting us share in your joy and exciting day...

Peggy said...

That was definitely an awesome day. I loved how Aria did exactly what she was supposed to do during the sealing, too! That was so cool to see. I'm so happy for all of you!!

And yeah. That cake was amazing!

Melanee said...

Wow! Awesome description of the day. I am still excited for the 3 of you guys. You all look so happy!!

i'm erin. said...

OH what a wonderful day. I loved hearing all about it and it made me tear up. I'm so happy for you guys and sad that I missed out!

Brynn said...

that is so awesome, how exciting for you all! congrats!

JoMamma said...

I'm sure that is a day you will never forget. Thank you for sharing the details. I am so happy for your eternal family. :)

tammy said...

I still get choked up thinking about you guys!! It was so beautiful and amazing! What a sweet family!

Ella said...

I agree with everything said above! I'm so happy for you guys and so glad you have your little angel! Love ya!

Julie said...

Kris, I enjoyed reading about the sealing, it was a very special day for a very special little daughter.

kellieanne said...

She was absolutely perfect during the sealing. I am so happy for all three of you. Thank you for letting Carp and enjoy your day with you.

Debbie 'n Gary Talbot said...

that's so great! i went to a sealing a couple of years ago with 2 kids involved and it was definitely amazing to be there. not that it's not special with no kids but there's just something about having a child there that makes it so special!

Alyse said...

That is so amazing for you and Drew! (and Aria.) It is such a special experience.I have 2 adopted brothers and 1 adopted sister and I will always remember when they were sealed to my parents. Although I haven't met her yet, Aria looks like she fits perfectly with you and Drew. Congrats!