We got to Skype with this awesome guy! He comes home in July from his LDS Mission to CT. I can't wait! As I always mention, he's my nephew, but feels like a little brother.
It was so great to talk to him face to face (ish!) and for him to meet Ben for the first time other than in pictures! Both kids said Hi and a few things but were a little weirded out with him being on the computer and not understanding. More experiences like that and they'll be fine.
It was also fun to see Jason's family (My brother has 5 boys and 1 girl) all talking to him and joking around. I think it made it easier for them with Jason being able to see them all and join in the fun. He's missed all the stuff going on with their house being burned down and by the time he gets back, it'll be close to done!
I've missed him dearly, but am so proud of him for making the decision himself to go on this mission and for the experiences he has had and grown from. It's going to be interesting to see in which ways he has changed or grown in the past 2 years.
Have I mentioned how excited I am?!

3 comments:
Hello.
Visiting from the Post A-Z Road Trip.
There's nothing like being with family. My mom lives overseas and I don't get to see her as much as I would like, but we talk on the phone everyday. I love the sound of her voice. I have her smell ingrained in my heart. We are separated by distance, but loves keeps us close. Lovely post. I like your header photo too...you have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing.
Thoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn...
I loved reading this post. It was so fun to talk to him on Mother's Day. He has changed and grown up so much. He really looked good. Thanks for writing about it.
It was the best day in a very long time for us. Kris I couldn't have said it better then you did. Thank you!!! It was so great seeing him but it also made it harder at the same time. I don't know if that makes sense????
Post a Comment