"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." -Joseph Smith

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/owlpostreviews/GIFS/tumblr_mr7rzhgHCI1sew79jo1_500_zpsf179aad5.gif

Monday, August 15, 2011

Quite the Storm last night!

Last night around 1am we woke up to a wild and crazy storm going on. We LOVE storms in this house! When I was a kid, my mom would get so excited when it would storm that she'd have us all go get a blanket, wrap up in it and sit on the porch with her. Everyone in my family loves storms because of that. We do the same in our house too.

We started to worry the kids might wake up and be scared because it was so fierce sounding on the windows. Drew went to check. Ben was sleeping soundly through it. When he got to Aria's room he peeked in to find her sitting up and the moment she saw him she excitedly said "noise?!" Drew started laughing and brought her into bed with us. He then went outside to see how bad it was while Aria asked me all about the noises and she repeated all the words I said such as "wind," "rain," and "thunder." Drew came back and wrapped her up in her blanket and took her out to watch from the back doorway. She giggled every time the sky lit up with lightning. She loved it. Then, we all went back to bed when it was over.

She's such a fun girl! I just love her personality and everything about her. I really love the relationship she and Drew have. He's always so good to do things with her. He takes her on errands with him - to the pet store, the book store, and even Party Land! She loves going with him. I'm excited for when Ben is old enough for things like that too!

2 comments:

Millie said...

Aria is a little mini me and Jeff! Love my girl.

Peggy Eddleman said...

I was the only one in my family who DIDN'T sleep through that storm! I couldn't believe anyone could! It was an awesome one. I'm glad Aria got to see it!