"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." -Joseph Smith

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/owlpostreviews/GIFS/tumblr_mr7rzhgHCI1sew79jo1_500_zpsf179aad5.gif

Friday, June 17, 2011

Strawberry Days (part 1)

Disclaimer: I'm not doing things in order because we've been doing stuff all week with Strawberry days, but today's Huck Finn Day just needs to be posted now - for fun! Maybe because my feet are still frozen, maybe because it was a blast and freshest on my mind! Anyway, the rest will follow some time later.

Tomorrow is the 5k! Can't wait! And, shortly after the race (long enough we DO have time to shower! lol) We'll be attending one of our closest friend's wedding ceremony! Congrats Justin & Natalie!

Huck Finn Days is part of Strawberry Days. The city floods part of a park and puts fish in it. Kids fish with poles, or with nets. Then, after a certain time (about the time we got there) no more fishing poles, and the kids get to just run in and all over the water. Aria tripped a couple times in the water near the end and was drenched! Which, in turn, means I got drenched too! My pants were falling down from the weight of the water! Around the rest of the park are little carnival booths - like face painting, pony rides, ring toss, etc. We didn't do everything because there were so many people there and the lines are a little too long for a 21 month old. Let's be honest... they were even too long for a 30 year old. We got to see Ellie there too!

There were so many dogs there. Aria wanted to pet each one. I felt like I spent my time asking people if it was okay if she pet their dogs! lol! I wondered if Aria got confused at any point when I am pointing to a Shetland pony and saying "Horsie" and then pointing to a MASSIVE HUGE St. Bernard and saying "Dog"

Alecia came with us and was a huge help - and she had a blast so it all worked out! She's such a little sweetie. She is going to make a great baby sitter when she is a little older.
 
 

3 comments:

Janet said...

That's awesome Kristine!! Aria looks like she loved it, and why kids always have to pet all the dogs is beyond me.... By the way good luck on the race good thing you'll be in the mood to run so you can get to your friends wedding right afterwards.

Peggy Eddleman said...

Glad they had fun! It looks like it was a blast!

JoMamma said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad you had a great time. I'm trying to think what I did on Friday and why I did not go.