"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." -Joseph Smith

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/owlpostreviews/GIFS/tumblr_mr7rzhgHCI1sew79jo1_500_zpsf179aad5.gif

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Where I got my love of baking

My mom of course!

I love making things. I encourage Aria to help a lot already because I want her to know her way around a kitchen too so when she's older, she'll be confident to make dinners and things for her future husband and kids (that's crazy to think about...)

She gets pretty excited when I pull a chair over to the counter so she can help. If I forget, she always wants me to hold her so she can see what I'm doing. (I've gotten pretty efficient at one-handing things!)
 
 
I remember how much my mom let me help. It meant so much to me. I loved spending time with her in the kitchen. I love spending time with her - period!

Here's me at 4 years old helping my mom.

3 comments:

Janet said...

That's cute and the picture of you is fun I remember those orange containers we had.

Karson, Betsy, Izzy, and Beckham said...

That is so adorable! I need to let Izzy help more. Thanks for sharing.

Peggy said...

Oh, my gosh! I can't believe how shiny your hair is in that picture!

And I really, really *heart* that one of Aria peeking into the bowl. Awesomeness.