Ratings:
Drew: **** (He thought it could have had more Tabasco)
Kristine: *****
Aria: **** (She would have liked it to be a little thicker)
Here's the recipe with Beckie's notes.
Beckie's Baked Potato Soup (A.K.A. Best potato soup in the entire Universe) 1 ½ pound Baking potatoes; baked and cubed ¼ butter (no substitutions) 2 cup diced onions 1/3 cup flour 5 cups chicken broth ¼ cup chicken base ( I usually use a tad less) 1 1/2 cup potato flakes ( add as much as you like, it is supposed to be a thick soup) ¾ tsp. dried basil ½ tsp. Tabasco 1 cup heavy cream 1 cup light cream (Half and Half ) Bacon, grated cheese, and green onions finely sliced for garnish Melt butter in sauce pan. Add onions, sauté 10 minutes or until translucent. Don’t Burn! Add four. Cook 4-5 minutes stirring well until flour is absorbed.
In separate pan combine chicken broth, chicken base, potato flakes and seasonings. Stir or whisk to eliminate lumps. Add slowly to onion mix. Stir constantly so no lumps form. Increase to medium heat. Continue cooking until soup begins to simmer gently.
Add cream and light cream.
Stir until smooth and lightly thickened. Simmer 15 minutes. Do not boil. Add potatoes (baked). Remove from heat.
Garnish just before serving. I have made it with two cups whole milk instead of the cream and half and half and it was delicious! Better for ya, too, I think. I bet even 2% would be fine.
And there you have it!





1 comment:
I'd LOVE to be invited to dinner sometime =D
Post a Comment