"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." -Joseph Smith

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/owlpostreviews/GIFS/tumblr_mr7rzhgHCI1sew79jo1_500_zpsf179aad5.gif

Friday, July 2, 2010

Jason's Farewell

As promised... Here it is!

Jason's farewell was on Sunday. He did such a great job with his talk! The other speakers spoke on patriotism and freedom in honor of the 4th, and Jason spoke on the Prophet Joseph Smith. It was what I would call a perfect sacrament meeting! Jason's talk was so well done, and he didn't even look or sound nervous. Afterward we had a luncheon at my parents house for all the family that was here for it, and after church Jason had a lot of friends and ward members stop by to wish him well and eat cookies. It was such a beautiful day. The weather was perfect. I am sad he will be leaving soon (5 days...) but I am very proud of him for doing this because HE wants to. I know he will do great. He and LeeAnn are so close, that I think it's going to be the hardest on her. Even more so than all of Jason's parents. It's weird to think that Rie Bear will be almost 3 when he gets back. They'll have to get to know each other all over again! Here are some pictures from the get together.


And now, off to more camping!!!

4 comments:

Janet said...

That picture of Chris on top is when that bird poop's on his plate haha, good story

Kristine said...

Oh yeah! I forgot about that! For a second!

Peggy said...

I love that picture of Lindsey and Aria! They all look so great. It was a really fun day with lots of fun people. I'm so excited for Jason! And I'm glad you had your camera there.

Julie said...

I'm glad you had your camera too. I love the way you are. You are so perfect for our family.