"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." -Joseph Smith

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/owlpostreviews/GIFS/tumblr_mr7rzhgHCI1sew79jo1_500_zpsf179aad5.gif

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Father's Day

Father's day is such a nice day to celebrate the fathers in our lives. I am lucky enough to have 5 in my life.

First of course is Drew. He is such an awesome Daddy. He is so good to both Aria and I. He treats us like gold. He makes us laugh constantly. Aria is such a daddy's girl. When Drew is home, she knows exactly where he is at all times. If he walks in the room, her eyes follow him with a smile. If he goes to pick her up, she gets so excited and squeals! She loves having him chase her! She plays peek-a-boo with her blanket with him a lot. She loves feeding him cheerios! Especially the ones she's already put in her mouth... she loves to pull them back out and give them to him! Haha! I love seeing them together.
The second is my Dad. He is my Hero. He always has been. He is such a sweet loving Pops. I find myself talking to him on the phone very often, and for a long time! As I have gotten older and we have more things in common, we have a lot more fun together. He is such a good Grandpa. He's been a huge support for me through all of my life's trials. Even when I told him I didn't want to hear his advice, he just stayed close and waited until I was ready.He understands that some times I'm not ready to hear it. I'm too stubborn I guess. lol! I've also realized that we are more similar than I thought. I've picked up a lot of his mannerisms, likes and dislikes. Having my dad's approval of what I am doing is very important to me. We are very close, and he knows all that is going on with me. When I was really sick a couple weeks ago, he and my mom did a great job taking care of me while Drew was at work. My dad came over and checked on me or called me often. It was so sweet!

The 3rd is my Father-in-law. The Janimal. He is such a kind-hearted man. He and my mother-in-law also helped me immensely when I was so sick. Jan watched Rie Bear and took care of her when I was too sick to, and Drew had to be at work (3rd day of new job). I knew she would be well taken care-of by him and didn't have to worry. Between him and Shonagh, I think Rie had a blast thinking she was getting a special treat! Jan is such a great father to his children as well as their spouses. He helps us all. Though Lindsey was his only daughter, he inherited 3 more from his sons and treats us all as though we were his. He is easy to talk to and always has good advice. He is a great supporter to anything his kids are interested in. And when I say "kids" I mean all of us. He is an awesome Grandpa too. I also love that my in-laws are friends with my parents. Its so much fun when we all get together!


The other 2 dads in my life are Grandpa Lynn and Grandad Pat. I inherited a full set of grandparents when I married Drew. I just love having them in my life. Grandad is in Arizona or Scotland most of the time, but it's always such a treat when he visits, or we visit him. I love his stories. He is so full of knowledge and knows his history well. I love history. I love hearing from him. Grandpa is also a fun one to listen to. He has had many life changing experiences in his life and I feel special when I get to hear those from him, sometimes with a tear in his eye. He was in WW2 and has some great stories from that too. He is so sweet and so patient. Grandma's mind is failing her and with all he does for her, he should be rewarded immensely. I love these 2 men and am so glad I get to call them my Grandpa and Grandad. I claim them as mine full-heartedly.

4 comments:

Ella said...

I sure wish more people were like you Kristine!! What a sweet post, love it!!

Janet said...

Kristine you are such a sweet person!! I am so glad Aria gets to be your daughter and is soo happy to have a happy family with such great people...I bet Drew was excited this year...

Peggy said...

Awww. Great dad stories, Kristine!

Millie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.