"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." -Joseph Smith
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p758/owlpostreviews/GIFS/tumblr_mr7rzhgHCI1sew79jo1_500_zpsf179aad5.gif
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
An update
Recently we had the opportunity to talk to a birth mom that was considering us. We talked for days over e-mail and then she wanted to meet us. The next day she met with the other family she was talking to and decided on them. We didn't ever get to meet her. She was having twins too, so it felt like a double let down. It's been quite a trial to go through with emotions going up and down. I do feel like I am becoming a more calloused person than I used to be, but I do have to say that one blessing that comes out of situations like this is that Drew & I are closer than ever. I really feel like this whole roller coaster of trying to start our family has turned out to be a positive thing for us. We had some very rough patches but are better off now. Drew has been a huge support to me. It's nice to know that when I feel like shutting the world out, he's still right there beside me. I do hope we get another opportunity soon and that it goes better. In the mean time, Drew is getting me a kitten!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Kristine,
I hope you understand how much I feel your pain and heartache. That is one of the reasons that I don't want to even think about adoption or anything. You are such a strong person! Please know that I am there for you and that I think of you often during our times of trials as well. Please keep your head up. Call me if you need to! Love you :) Wendi
Kristine, I love you! Alex and I have prayed for you and Andrew that you may be able to start your family soon. I know it will happen, and you will be so happy. You two are such an example to us for your strength. It makes me so happy to know that you and Drew are so close. We can't wait to see you.
On a lighter note i have a website for you to go to and get a cute background...its free! Here is the link..
http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/
I really feel for you both. I know that when you have the opportunity (which hopefully is soon) you will make an AWESOME Mom!!! In getting to know you from girls night out, I have gotten to know an amazing person. We will keep you in our prayers and have submitted your names to the temple. On a side note, if you ever need to hold a baby, come on over... you are always welcome! Love ya!
You are such a positive person! Good on you. I know the right mom will choose you for the perfect child for you and Drew. Lots of love and hugs!!!
to Kristine
I hope you get a baby soon
love Kylie
You always have such a great attitude about things! It's very refreshing. I know you'll get your kids before long. And you'll make a fabulous mom when you do.
And in the mean time, congrats on the kitty!
Kristiiiiiine!!!! How. Hard. I luff you. (refer back to earlier facebook chat! repeat everything I said then.)
I am bummed that things didn't work out for you. I am sure the right baby will find your family. I super admire you and can't wait to hang out with you soon!
Post a Comment